Tuesday, December 25, 2012

I'm leaving on a jet plane

Pin It

Today, as a ton of people sit beside a Christmas tree with sleepy eyes and festive pjs to open gifts, I am enjoying one of the best gifts I got this year. I am on an airplane making my way to Orlando, Florida.

You see, my husband and I are Disneymaniacs. We had no difficulty coming up with the destination for our first trip together. Three years later, we went as honeymooners. It was the best experience I ever had in my travels.

The hubby is a travel agent, and most people seem shocked that we choose to keep going back to the same place over and over instead of visiting exotic and far off lands. It's plain and simple, though. There is no place like it. We always reply that we'll get to see all those places. When we grow old. 


This time, it will be extra special, because it is a childhood dream come true. Every since I was a little girl, we've had plans to go as a family. It never worked, but now some of us get to go: Mom, hubby, aunt, cousins and I. A big Johnston Family trip.




It's far from perfect. The uncle is not going. My parents are no longer married. My grandma, who always promised us the trip won't take part. And my brother, with his wife and baby won't join us as well, which would have been the cherry on the top. You can tell that my dream is to have a big Kardashian-style family trip. Minus the Kardashian-ness. I will. Someday.

So I bid you farewell (for now). I thought about scheduling posts, but I'm giving myself a break. I'll be back around the 7th with some new ideas, new look, and same focus: Christ.

May God bless you and your family as we turn the page to yet another year. And may we all learn a little bit more about this cross we carry, and focus a lot more on He who deserves all praise.