Friday, December 14, 2012

Discovering the first love

Pin It

This is part 4 of my spiritual journey. Start reading here. 

When my brother left for Brazil, I was welcomed in by the church group. They'd invite me for dinner. They helped me move. They called often. They made me feel part of their group.

I had to go back to Savannah but they kept pursuing me. Praying for me. And I just felt the love. I began reading the Bible and listening (and taking notes!) during the church service. On Thanksgiving, they went out of their way to welcome me. And while we prayed, I heard God for the second time.

You asked for a family. This is it. 

I immediately broke down. My parents had just been through a painful divorce, and although I never said it out loud, all I wanted was a family. 

On December I officially said out loud that I recognized Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I went to a retreat that changed my life. And then I got baptized on February 5th, 2006. 




I had daily access to the pastor and his wife, my friends were the ones managing the sound system and the collections. There were (maybe) around 30 of us. I was able to truly enjoy the definition of fellowship. It was by no means perfect, but it felt like a family, which was exactly what I needed.

Come back on Monday for part 5!