Monday, December 10, 2012

Sherwood Pictures

Pin It

A couple of weeks ago I was made aware of a wonderful film industry company: Sherwood Pictures. It spawned out of Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany, Georgia, as a dream shared between the pastor and the media minister. 

First of all, let me say my idea of Christian videos was limited to some really sappy, poorly produced Bible stories from the 70s. When we were at a friend's house and the men got back from the video rental with a Christian film, I figured I was in for a bo-ring night.

Corageous changed my view. It's a story about policemen and their legacy as Christian dads, and by scene one we knew they meant business. Check it out:


This weekend my husband got home with a three-pack from Sherwood Pictures: Fireproof, Flywheel and Facing the Giants. We chose to watch the football action flick, and were not let down. Check out one of its poignant scenes:



Next time you have a movie night, I strongly suggest watching these movies. Their stories are beautiful, the message is based solidly on the Word of God, and the production is at an amazing professional level. Plus, for any Georgia lover, the thick accents and gorgeous landscape adds a comfort known to only those who call the peach state home.