Monday, December 17, 2012

Nothing lasts forever

Pin It

This is part 5 of my spiritual journey. Start reading here. 

After about 6 months, the church fell apart. The pastor chose not to renew the contract with the building, and I assumed it meant we would keep meeting at his house, but that was not the case. 

I had no idea of what to do, so I began church hopping with them. I was able to go to some services at World Changers and was amazed at how much I learned from Pastor Creflo Dollar's knowledge of the Bible.

We spent one Sunday at Victory World Church, but my pastor did not like it. We then proceeded to spend a couple of weekends at Free Chapel. I was moved by Pastor Jentezen's charisma and love for the gospel. Their worship was amazing as well.




But although my pastor and wife made a home at Free Chapel, I felt it wasn't mine. I was compelled to go back to Victory. So I did, by myself. If you read part 2 of this story, you know I wasn't very fond of attending church by myself. But this time, things were different.

I was immediately welcomed. There are people from every age and every country attending services. They go out of their way to hold events to make the mega-church feel a bit more homey. Like a mother and daughter tea I attended with my mom, which I will never forget. 

At about the same time, I found a school to volunteer just down the road. Everything seemed to be aligning, and point towards Norcross, Georgia. I was sure I had found my home, and was ready to make my life there. God, however, had other plans. 

Come back tomorrow for part 6!