Saturday, July 14, 2012

Weekend links

Pin It
Oh, we have a fun weekend ahead of us! First, we have a three year old birthday party, and let me tell you, my husband and I LOVE kid parties. I think he loves them for all the junk food and sweets. Sigh. Me? I like the sillyness. Case in point:


Double sigh. And I am sure my sista-friend will kill me for exposing our sillyness on the world wide web. My excuse is that this picture is seven years old and in the words of Pinterest:


So there. Anyway, after the party where my hubby will be stuffing his face and I will probably make a fool of myself, we have a dinner at church, which I am all sorts of excited about. We've been attending this church for a couple of months now, and have been getting involved. But the prospect of an actual dinner, where you get to sit and chat sounds great to meet more people! And on Sunday I'll have the joy of going to bed whenever I want because I'll be off work next week. Which I am excited about mainly because I can watch the Braves beat the Mets and the Giants. Can I get a huge wohooo?

What are your plans for the weekend? How about some light reading in the blogsphere? Here is what I suggest this week:

Katrin from Land of Candy Canes just cracks me up. Whenever I feel a bit bored I hop on to her blog to read them most random things ever. Like this post on 80s cartoons and her running around her backyard naked rescuing a spider. Bless her heart.

For all the animal lovers out there, here is a post to make your eyes tear up. I've fallen in love with Daisy ever since I found this little blog, and although I knew this post was coming, I wasn't quite ready for it.

I love Natalia from Uncommonplace. She loves God, Disney and weddings. Sounds like a long lost sister to me! Check out her post on ways to make life more beautiful. Inspiring!

Your homebased mom shared a recipe for a Caramelized Walnut and Gorgonzola Salad. I saw it just before leaving work for lunch and was craving it for the rest of the day!

And according to Purposefairy, there are fifteen things we should all give up to be happy. Boy, do I need to work on all 15 of these! Easier said than done...

Have a blessed weekend everyone!