Monday, July 23, 2012

Meat Free Mondays: Oatmeal

Pin It
I have a long history of love over breakfast foods. If my nutricionist allowed me, I could live on breakfast foods alone. My love is so deep, that I had a brunch at my wedding, and it was delicious! None of that 'brides don't eat during their own wedding' nonsense!

Lately I've been trying to be really good about what I eat. I have no choice. So, for breakfast, I've been crushing on this lovely option a couple of times a week:


Superb, isn't it? And the best part is that if you change your fruits, you get an (almost) whole new dish! Plus, it's easy-peasy to make, which is ideal for my just-out-of-bed-self.


Julie's Oatmeal

Ingredients:
-oats
-cinnamon
-raisins
-any sort of chopped fruit you have available
-water

Directions:
1. Put a little bit of water on a skillet (just enough to coat it)
2. Bring water to boil.
3. Add a mix of oats, cinnamon and raisins- you choose the ratio.
4. Mix well. When it's nearly done, add in some chopped fruit (the picture features chopped bananas and guava, yum!)

I promise it is as yummy and healthy as it looks. And if you *must*, add some brown sugar on it, but I suggest you slowly add less and less until you need none!