Monday, July 9, 2012

Meat Free Mondays: Homemade Larabars

Pin It
I live in Brazil, and I had never heard of Larabars. All of a sudden, it seems they are everywhere: on Pinterest, featured on blogs and on cooking websites. I am not one to join the bandwagon just because, but I figured I should try it just to check if it really is as good, cheap and easy as I keep reading.


Homemade Larabars as seen on 100 days of real food



Ingredients:
1 cup of chopped raw cashews
1 cup pitted dates
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon of water

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
2. Squash them together and then flatten them out on a cookie sheet.
3. Cut into individual pieces and keep them in the fridge or at room temperature.

My verdict? The are cheap, easy to make (although you get PB all over your hands!) and quite yummy for a nut fan such as myself. I am just not convinced they are all that healthy!