Monday, July 30, 2012

Meat Free Monday: Navratan Korma

Pin It
This past week was my mum's birthday, and to celebrate we went to a fancy Indian restaurant, so my mum could introduce her ten-month old grandson to Nan bread. Plus, I think she was just excited in having her kids partake on Indian customs, since she is all about India, as she has been going there every year for the past six years.
Mum, in a trip to India
I was all excited because I love curry and I know a lot of Indians are vegetarians, which means I'd get my pick at something decent to eat. I automatically chose the vegetarian curry, but my mum talked me into ordering a Navratan Korma. Say what?
Navratan Korma (source)

First of all, let me say there is obviously a reason mothers know best. This dish was one of THE.MOST.DELICIOUS.THINGS.I.HAVE.EVER.EATEN. Hands down. 'Navratan' means nine, so there are nine main ingredients, including paneer cheese, which is kind of tofu-like. The sauce was creamy and not spicy at all, and just plain delicious!


Next time you go to an Indian place, I urge you to step outside the curry-box and order you some of this!