Saturday, July 7, 2012

Weekend links

Pin It
This weekend I get a whole morning and most of the afternoon with the doggies sans the hubby. Although I will miss him, it has been a long time since I had some alone time, and am looking forward to a very quiet morning, when I'll do lots of reading, tea drinking and dog petting, and there will be no TV, need for formal lunch or changing out of my pjs.

My plans for the weekend. Oh, I know
you are jealous of the excitement in my life!

Here are this week's links I loved:

Lidsay Tweedle talked about the ten books that shaped her faith. I am always on the look-out for some solid good Christian literature, so I really enjoyed her reviews. Plus, I got to find Sarah Bessey's blog, and loved it!

Knock off Decor must be one of my favorite sites right now. I am all DIY-inspired, and need as many resources as I can find to shape the willingness into actual projects. They all look so pretty and I just wish I had the time to sit at home and DIY. I particularly loved this Union Jack dresser. Yes, please!

Simple Mom featured a post on Simple (?) marriage advice. Having been married for two years, I consider myself a honeymooner and newly-wed still, and I thought these were awesome!

I came accross a Pin about a blog called Pintester. It looked so ridiculous and hilarious, I knew I had to go check it out. The lady is funny and makes me feel less like a failure for not being a Martha Stewart, Paula Dean and Candice Olsen all wrapped into one. Check out her take on a Sinful Banana Pie and you'll feel better about any recipe you screwed up in the past.

And although it's not a blog, I couldn't help but share 21 pictures that will restore your faith in humanity. We just need to do our share!