Thursday, March 22, 2012

My not-so-perfect life

Pin It
I have been getting mixed feelings when talking to some friends who keep up with my blog. Some of them feel I am so honest in showing pictures of the naked truth, whether the bed is made or not. Some of them feel I embarrass them over how organized my home is.

Everything is relative. That’s all I can say. If you are nit-picky, you will see chaos when you go through my posts. If you have little time/attention/patience for organization, you will think I am borderline OCD. That’s ok too.

My life, my house, my job and my marriage are not perfect. If I had more money/time/effort/patience, I could have a calmer life/neater house/ more productive job output/ better marriage. But I do what I can.

Some people focus on being a care giver and stay at home parent. I think that is awesome, and pray that one day I will be able to do that as well. Some people dedicate themselves to their career, so they can provide the best of everything to their spouses and kids. Rock on. Some people focus on the needy and end up neglecting a bit of their closest relatives. It’s all good.

I’ve learned I can’t compare myself to others. I especially can’t compare myself to that gorgeous, rich, intelligent and successful friend- we all have one of those, and would hate her, if only she wasn’t so nice. But the truth is, God, my family, friends and husband love me for who I am. That’s perfect enough for me.