Monday, March 26, 2012

The Kind Diet’s Summer Succotash

Pin It
You might have read around here that I have been attempting to cook. Today I would like to share with you a vegan recipe that pleased my husband, who is not into veggies: The Kind Diet’s Summer Succotash:


I love lima beans, but they are not well known in Brazil. Maybe it’s because we are serious about our beans and have quite a few of them. When I saw the canned imported lima beans on the grocery store shelf, I couldn’t care less about conservatives and the other stuff they put in cans to make it last long, I just craved for some lima loving that would remind me of good ol’ Georgia.

As always, I gave my own twist onto the recipe. First, because we don’t have vegan butter around. But also because I am just picky like that:

Julie’s Summer Succotash

Ingredients:

-lima beans

-corn

-tomatoes

-red onions

-garlic, olive oil, salt and black pepper to taste

-vinegar

-chopped parsley

Heat the olive oil and garlic, add the onions until soft. Add the lima beans first, the corn after a while and the tomatoes last. Sprinkle some chopped parsley and vinegar when you are done.