Friday, March 16, 2012

Project Simplify Kitchen reveal

Pin It
This week Project Simplify's focus was the kitchen. I must admit I jumped the gun and did it all on Sunday, even though I promised myself I wouldn't. I belive in Sunday rest. I was more than happy with the thought of lounging in front of the TV or curling up with a good book.

But I thought of last week's hotspot, and how I had to get home, walk the dogs, tackle my craft room, cook dinner, bathe and then relax. It drained me too much. Don't get me wrong, it was fantastic and I am so thankful I did it. But it was quite tiring. So Sunday it was.

I started out early with two different objectives in mind: de-clutter, assessing how much I really use and need of each item, as well as focusing on my paths in the kitchen. You see, when I moved, I thought about where each thing should go based on the size of each cupboard. I needed a big cupboard for the pantry, so food was stored away from my prep area. I figured serving dishes should be stored low, so they are across the kitchen from the sink.

Therefore, my kitchen made no sense. Now, it flows much better. My dishes go from the sink, to the drainer on top of it, to the cupboard right next door. The food is under the food prepping area. I love it!

Here are some before and after pictures: