Monday, March 5, 2012

Project Simplify Day 1

Pin It
If you’ve looked around this blog, you’ve definitely stumbled upon the concept of Project Simplify. If not, read Friday’s post to catch up!

Today is Project Simplify’s day 1 for the first project: kid’s room. Unfortunately, the Jordãos over here do not yet have a little one running around, so there is no way I can tackle this project. However, I thought of an alternative that would be fitting, and decided to tackle baby Jordão’s future room.
Let me explain: we live in a two-bedroom house, and the second bedroom right now is my craft room.  It was my husband’s super-duper 30th birthday present for me, and it’s my pride and joy in my house.
Since we only moved into this house on September, and the craft room was only finished in December, it’s not that outdated. It’s mainly organized not that bad, and definitely clean. However, it is oh-so cluttered! I have nearly zero counter, shelf and closet space for new things. So it seems fitting to me to tackle it, especially since I planned to do it only when it would be transformed into a nursery.
Here are some before pics. Not for the faint-hearted. It's actually fitting that I haven't been feeling well for the last couple of days so I did no tidying up. This is what three days of no attention to this room could come up with.
You'll get an upclose shot of the table when I tackle it, by I promise there isn't much working space.

The reason for stuff everywhere? No more space in the cupboard!

 Random to-do things that haven't yet gotten done are just sitting on the floor. Like I said, I have very little space left!

There is a chair under there, I promise!

Now that I look at it, it all looks horrible. I can't believe I have the guts to post this on the web. But you gotta start somewhere, right?

I will post pictures throughout the week to show the progress I manage every day after work. Happy purging!