Monday, June 4, 2012

Meat Free Mondays: Heart of Palms Stroganoff

Pin It

Beef Stroganoff is a Russian dish that has become a staple in Brazilian homes. I grew up eating the beef and chicken versions, but after becoming a vegetarian found out there is a heart of palms version as well. I first had this during a dinner when the main course was beef stroganoff, but the host was extremely gracious and prepared me the veggie version. Here is my husband's version, my favorite!


Andre's Heart of Palm Stroganoff

Ingredients

-onions
-garlic
-heart of palms
-black and green olives
-mozzarella cheese
-cheese sauce
-tomato sauce (2 tablespoons per jar of cheese sauce)

Directions


1- Put the onion, garlic, heart of palms and olives on a large skillet. Let it get soft.
2- Add two tablespoons of tomato sauce and the chesse sauce. Its colour should be similar to Thousand Island dressings, so adapt accordingly.
3- Add mozzarella in slices and let it melt into the skillet.

That is it! I suggest serving it on some rice and adding some chips of thin potato wedges.