Monday, June 11, 2012

Meat Free Mondays: Broccoli, Tahine and Soy Sauce Pasta

Pin It
After making a Barley Casserole with Tahine I fell in love with the mixture of tahine and dark green veggies on a dish. Thinking of that, I made up this Broccoli, Tahine and Soy Sauce Pasta, and it turned out to be delicious!



The tons of parmesan cheese on top prove I am not a vegan yet, but any non-dairy eating folks can just sip that part!

Julie's Broccoli, Tahine and Soy Sauce Pasta

Ingredients:
-cooked pasta ( I prefer whole weat)
-tahine dressing
-soy sauce
-garlic
-chopped broccoli (the more, the better!)

Instructions
1. Cook the pasta normaly, and drain. Set aside.
2. On a large skillet or wok, add some garlic and broccoli.
3. When broccoli is soft, add some tahine (go easy on it if you never had it, it has quite a strong taste!)
4. Add the pasta and some soy sauce. Be careful not to over do it, or the tahine+ soy sauce will became a quite salty duo.

That's it! I was so proud of myself for making up a dish!

How about you, do you have any made up recipes?