Wednesday, November 21, 2012

On reflections

Pin It
Last Saturday I intended to add this post to my weekend links. I forgot to do it before it was published, and felt a bit sad because I knew it was something I wanted to share. Actually, I wanted to share it so much, that I kept milling about it, so I decided to write a post on it!

First of all, if you haven't come across Jaime's blog I suggest you do. I found her through the 31 days series as she was creative and cool enough to write on How to seduce your guy in 31 days. I was quite afraid it would be all gross and Fifty shades of greyish, but she kept it clean and sweet, and I loved her for that. 

Anyway, back to reflections...




In my household, we've been discussing them a lot lately. That's probably why her post struck me as it did. And before I go any further, I ask you an honest question: what or who do YOU reflect on your life? Your words, your actions, your feelings, your beliefs...what do they show others?

For me, that is the hardest thing about being a Christian. I don't get to say Oh, I dunno for an answer. The answer is quite clear: We are to reflect God on earth.

Yes, we were made in His image. But it doesn't stop there. There are literaly tons of scripture that talk about what we are doing on earth and why we exist, but they all come down to the same answer: for the glory of God. 

We are born for the glory of God. We go to school and learn everything we do for the glory of God. We get married, or not, for the glory of God. We prosper, or we struggle, for the glory of God. We have kids and raise them for the glory of God. That is the true circle of life.

So how do we know if we are trully doing these things for the glory of God? I think the answer is in 2 Corinthians 3:18:

'And we all who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit'

I think that is the beauty on those little WWJD bracelets, or anything else for that matter, that poses the question: who are you reflecting right now? Because the truth is, it's not easy to reflect Jesus when trouble, conflict and doubt come. It is a daily lesson we need to learn, a daily cross we need to carry.