Friday, November 23, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Thank You

Pin It

Today we are joining Lisa-Jo Baker (am I the only one who still referred to her as The Gypsy Mama?) for her Five Minute Friday. Here is what she has to say about it:

This is where a brave and beautiful bunch gather every week to find out what comes out when we all spend five minutes writing on the same topic and then sharing ‘em over here.


Rules:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.

3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on: THANK YOU


Words cannot begin to express, and five minutes are certainly not enough to whip up all the thankfulness I have for you. You are the bravest woman I know. You love unconditionally. You cheer unconditionally. You give your all.

Over 30 years ago you made the bold choice to put your own dreams aside to immerse yourself with reusable diapers and home made baby formula. You breast fed. You potty trained. You taught us to eat our vegetables and say please. You turned the dining room table into a fort every time we had a sleepover. You cooked meals from scratch and gave us the best birthday parties we could afford, which usually meant doing everything yourself.

And you still do it. You still practice hospitality, even if nowadays it often happens at your kids houses. You are the silent giver, the humble server, the dream instigator. 

I will never be able to repay you. And I know that is not the point. What I can do is pass it forward, and that is my promise to you. I will be the best mother I can possibly be because you are the best mom you can be, and that I could ever ask for.

Obrigada mãe. I love you.