Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Baby steps - Part 2

Pin It
Yesterday I began telling a story. Click here to read the first part.

As I pulled home, I saw two women. They are cleaning ladies who work at some neighbor's houses, I know one of them pretty well. They waited at the door step, hoping that the rain would slow down. 

You know what I want you to do. Put them first.

I told them to get into the car, I'd drive them home. They live quite close, but in the pouring rain, the walk would be horrible. They started arguing with me that I was home already, why would I want to leave. I told them to just come.

As we drove, I could feel the tension. Three people had been shot in the city and the schools had sent kids home early. One of their nephews had left the city hours ago, but wasn't home yet. As they tried to hold themselves together, I began to talk.

I talked about how God is supreme, and nothing happens without His knowledge or consent. How He uses everything for His glory. How He will not allow for pain without a reason. How we may be in the dark, but He is not, so there is no need to fret. How He can comfort our hearts beyond understanding.

I knew that was a gamble. The could literally tell me to go to hell for trying telling them not to worry. And yet, at that moment, all was calm. They agreed. They praised God. They knew He would not forsake them. And I praised and thanked God for giving me an ability I knew was not mine. 

(to be continued)