Saturday, October 27, 2012

31 days: On phases

Pin It

I am joining the Nester plus quite a few other bloggers in a 31 day writing challenge. You can write about whatever you want, and I choose to write on the search for a Spirit-led life. Join me, won't you?

To start reading from the beginning, and for links for all days, click here.




On phases

Lately I realized a ground-breaking truth. When thinking about wishes, future, plans, goals, regrets, if onlys, and all other sort of unproductive stuff that seem to haunt us in our solitude, I remembered what a lady talked about in our Sunday Bible School.

Life is made of phases. 

I've known that for a long time. And for a long time, I though it mean something quite simple. Life is like a video-game. You act right, you do what you have to, you learn your lesson. Then you move on. That's actually something that a lot of people take as an inherent truth, even in some Christian churches.

And then you think about someone like Job, who did nothing wrong and did not have a lesson to learn (his wife and friends obviously did). Or we think about people like Paul and all that he went through. We think about missionaries that give their lives for the kingdom and yet have tragedies strike them. And I can't help but wonder: what is it that they need to learn? Or is it that they don't really?

When you live your life for God's glory, it's not about you or your needs. Simple as that. 

So it makes no sense to think I need to think/act/believe a certain way so that God will deliver me. I need to know that God is working for His glory, and trust that he will sustain me. Simple as that.  

Which means my phases are not about my needs, but about how God can use me at every phase of my life.