Wednesday, October 17, 2012

31 days: on breakthroughs

Pin It
I am joining the Nester plus quite a few other bloggers in a 31 day writing challenge. You can write about whatever you want, and I choose to write on the search for a Spirit-led life. Join me, won't you?

To start reading from the beginning, and for links for all days, click here.


On breakthroughs
 
 
I love it when we go through a spiritual breakthrough. I can only imagine how Jesus must be nodding along, waiting for us to put 2 and 2 together, just as I love it when a small child finally understands what comes after six or what sound the letter w makes. It is such a feeling of success, of pride for someone else's accomplishments, we just want to hug and high-five the kid. I bet Jesus feels the same.
 
Take this Sunday, for example. Our Sunday Bible School has been focusing on the gospel of John for a long time. We started on the first week of July and are still only up to chapter 14. We tease the teachers, but I think that is a really good thing.
 
We focused on John 14:23, discussing how God will come to all those who love Him and 'make a home with them' for quite a while.  It all sounded quite lovely and straightforward. And then the teacher dropped his bomb. The word 'home' as it is here, only appears once more in Jesus' teachings, on John 14:02, stating that God's house has many rooms, and that Jesus was going to prepare some room ('home') for us.
 
wow.
 
It took me a couple of hours to digest this. Jesus promises to go prepare a place for us (on the cross) and later mentions that He leaves us the Holy Spirit which will inhabit into us. The homes aren't over the rainbow or above the clouds. They aren't for after death. They are right here, as soon as you believe in Him.
 
wow. Don't you just love that? I know I do.