Vegan Cappucino Brownie
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups brown sugar (the original recipe asks for Maple Sugar, not sure we have that in Brazil!)
3/4 cup non-dairy milk (I used soy)
3/4 cup brewed decaf coppuccino
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped (optional, I skipped them)
For the topping, I chose to sprinkle sugar and powdered cinnamon on top!
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees. Coat a baking pan with oil
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the milk, coffee and oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir to mix well.
- If you want walnuts, add them now.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool for about an hour
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on top