Thursday, May 24, 2012

Ginger tea

Pin It

I've had quite a few sore throats lately, and had my share of home made medicines to try to get better. From cinnamon milk to honey lemon drops, I went through a batch of  'must haves' that did me no good.

A couple of days ago I went to the doctor due to a severe sore throat, and he prescribed me antibiotics, anti inflammatory and pain killers, and told me I could have nothing else. Oh, the joy of western medicine.

The pharmacist agreed that I shouldn't add anything to the potent drugs I was getting, so she recommended me some ginger tea. I had heard about it before, but figured it would taste horrible. To my surprise, it is the best tea I ever had.

Source
Oh So Lovely Ginger Tea

Ingredients:

-chopped ginger- a handful will do for several cups
-sugar
-water
-a strainer

Put water, sugar and the ginger in a pot. Bring to a boil and let it simmer for about ten minutes. Pass through a strainer to serve.

1 comment:

Angie J. said...

oooh have to remember this next time I'm sick! I really do not like ginger though, but maybe tea is different? in any case, thanks for the tip!

x
Angie
sundaybelle.com