Friday, August 16, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Small

Pin It

Today we are joining Lisa-Jo Baker for her Five Minute Friday. Here is what she has to say about it:

This is where a brave and beautiful bunch gather every week to find out what comes out when we all spend five minutes writing on the same topic and then sharing ‘em over here.

Rules:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.

3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on: SMALL



We haven't met yet. You are safe and sound inside this wonderful thing called my body, protected by a cocoon that the Lord made in order to have time to grow. I have no idea who do you take after, or how is your personality. I don't know if you will be into sports like your daddy or into reading and arts like your mommy. I am not even sure if you'll like the name we picked for you, or your owl themed Nursery.

What I do know is that we are here to help you. We'll attempt to aid you in this crazy thing called life, praying that you will grow in stature and in favor with the Lord. You will be taught the Word of God, raised in a Christian household which is full of sin and repentance, love and grace. 

I pray that we will be able to hear His voice and distinguish what to do. When to offer mercy. When to discipline. When to allow you to stay up past your bedtime just because. When to dance in the kitchen while waiting for the water to boil to show you how much love there is between a husband and his wife. 

At the end of it all, I don't feel afraid. I know I cannot do this at all. I know that He must do it through me. And I am the one who feels so incredibly small, yet through Him, strong.