Thursday, October 11, 2012

31 days: on worship

Pin It
I am joining the Nester plus quite a few other bloggers in a 31 day writing challenge. You can write about whatever you want, and I choose to write on the search for a Spirit-led life. Join me, won't you?

To start reading from the beginning, and for links for all days, click here.


 
On worship
 
Worship: The reverent love and devotion accorded to a god or God.
 
Reverent love. Isn't that just plain beautiful?
 
I am a great shower-worship-singer. In the solitude of my house or with the car windows rolled up, I can sing at the top of my lungs to Hillsong's upbeat tunes or Rita Springer's lovely melodies. I profess an undying love and a need for relationship, a willingness to give my all and the need for more of Him.
 
But as I walk about in my mundane life, in my common day-to-day, I find worship quite hard. To have reverent love as things don't go my way. As I have chores which I am not fond of. As I am tired and cranky. As I want someone to spoil me instead of thinking of others.
 
But if my lips can sing and my eyes get all teary, obviously these are songs from my heart. Which means I was made to do all these things that sound so gorgeous and selfless. So I take today, to offer everything I do as a form of worship to God.