Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Garden

Pin It
I don’t have kids, so the Easter egg hunt we did at School will be my only one. I am not much of a cook, so I won’t even pretend to have amazing table settings and banquets. I am on a diet, so I’ll pass on the chocolate eggs. I don’t believe in adopting animals for the sake of a holiday, so no bunnies for me. Which leaves me with little in the ‘tradition’ aspect of Easter.

In a way, I think that is a good thing. I’ve been working towards my relationship with Jesus, and I think it’s important to take off all the layers of semi-important things to get down to the core. I know people who are not Christians, but celebrate Easter and Christmas, and I can’t help but think why? It’s not like I go around celebrating Hanukah and Diwali just for the sake of it.
Anyway, I did think about one tradition I could keep, which I find quite sweet. I had never heard of Easter Gardens, and I found them gorgeous. As I only discovered them too late in the game, I went out and got myself a simple pot with some simple herb seeds. It will be my first go in a long time on gardening- I’ve proven myself as a failure before.


All pictures from A Holy Experience, which is a fantastic and inspiring Christian blog!

Happy Easter to all. Christians and non-Christians alike!