Saturday, January 26, 2013

One of those weeks...

Pin It


It's been a whole eight days since my last post. You know what that means, it's been one of those weeks. 

A trying week.
A week in which I did more listening than talking.
A week in which I have made myself humble to honor God.
A week in which I focused on Jesus instead of crying over people who were mean to me.
A week in which I worked long hours and still found strength to work at the last few minutes as I did when I walked in many hours earlier. 
A week in which you see a lot of work and effort go down the drain as you backtrack five steps.

I love these weeks. I'd probably be crazy if I loved them for the hectic-ness, but I do appreciate them and love them for the results. These are the weeks that God uses to prompt me in a new direction. To regroup, to secure me, to provide. To make me question myself, and the whys and whats and hows of my life. 

These are the weeks that the Holy Spirit speaks loud and clear instead of softly nudging you as you go along.

These are the weeks in which Jesus is all I long for.

These are the weeks in which my testimony speaks louder, for the glory of God.

These are the weeks in which life is lived wholeheartedly.