Thursday, August 16, 2012

Well, hello there...

Pin It


Remember me? I've been M.I.A for a whole week, I am aware. It all started with me being sick, then having to cover people at work and all of a sudden realizing I was so behind on my household chores I literally had to choose between doing laundry and therefore having cleans socks, or scrubbing my bathroom. Gross.

Quickly, one day turned into three, to five, to a whole week with no blog. And you know what? It was the best thing that could have happened to me. Honestly.

When I began this blogging adventure, I figured I had to dive it. I've always taken everything I do very seriously, so my posts would run daily (except for Sundays) and I would kill myself and ignore my husband, but guarantee something interesting was programmed to post.  Why? Because I thought people would think less of me if I was an occasional blogger. How ridiculous is that?

The more I think about, the more I realize how this blog stopped being something that made me happy and began to show its colors as one more chore. Although I love reading people's personal blogs and have no problems in reading about Katrin's grumpy mood or Ruthy's pregnancy, I had a problem posting about me often. So my blog had to be about something. It had to fit into a box. The educator box. The vegetarian box. The housekeeper box.

Today I am throwing all boxes away. From now on, I write about what I want to write. And when I want to write. You are welcome to stick around and see it shape into something a bit more free and a bit more me from now on.