Tuesday, August 21, 2012

On emptying my Bloglovin' roll

Pin It
When I discovered the wonders of the world of blogging, I couldn't believe how I had lived without them before. All those blogs with organizing tips, decor inspirations and lesson plan ideas all looked so interesting, so perfect, so needed.

After a while I started to understand that I don't need to read all posts from my favorite blogs. I was actually proud of myself when I realised I could unfollow a blog I first thought was great but now found it a bit hu-hum.

For a while now I've had a busy week (or month or two) and I hadn't been able to keep up with my Bloglovin' roll. I kept seeing it climb from 36 to 257 to 812 to 1981 unread posts. Part of me itched to click Mark all as 'read' , but part of me thought I couldn't do it.

So I compromised. I actually read though some of my favorite blogs, such as Lysa's, Megan's, Katrin's, Ruthie's, Natalia's and Alesha's. The rest solemly got marked as read. And you know what? It felt good!

I'm slowly letting go of the need to read things and learn things that might be useful someday. Focusing on the now. Reading (even when it comes to blogs) stricktly for pleasure.