Monday, April 1, 2013

Instamonth review

Pin It

I did it. I managed to spend a month photographing life and combining it with Psalms. Even though there were many times I wanted to add a disclaimer. Even though there were many times I wanted to add a verse from another book. Even though there were many times I had to sit down and find a psalm that fit what I was feeling. I was tempted to let it go, but I pulled through. 

And you know what? It feels good. First, because I had that sense of accomplishment. Check. But also because I noticed that I spent this whole month doing a lot of listening, and not a lot of talking. Although I came into it thinking this would be a good way to digest some stuff, it was actually a way God used to show me new things. My purpose was to revisit some old issues, but God's purpose was to show me new ones. 

Funny how that works, isn't it? We are dead sure we know why God is directing us, we get ready, set and go. Only to realise we had no idea of what it was about in the first place.

I also couldn't help but smile as Holy Week came and I realized that the very last day would be Easter Sunday. That was not planned at all, at least not by me. But it was yet another moment of God's grace.

A day in which all the new issues I had during the whole month went where they belong. Washed away by his righteousness.